The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

2 workers die from toxic fumes in sewer system

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Associated Press
Published:
GEORGETOWN, Idaho — Bear Lake County authorities say two Blackfoot men died after breathing in toxic fumes while they were working on the Georgetown sewer system.
The Idaho State Journal reports Trent Sorensen, 46, and Bo Taylor, 19, died Thursday while trying to repair a leak inside a manhole.
Sheriff’s department officials say one man collapsed in chest-deep water, and the second man was overcome by fumes when he attempted to rescue his co-worker.
The men worked for Taylor Construction of Blackfoot.
They were pronounced dead at a Montpelier hospital.

More Northwest Headlines

NEWSLETTER

HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates

Calendar