Pizza Hut franchise donates $200,000 to mudslide relief
The American Red Cross presented the check during a meeting at the Darrington Community Center on Tuesday.
The Red Cross has received $4.5 million in donations related to the slide so far, spokeswoman Jacqueline Koch said. About half of that has been spent or allotted for emergency relief and the early stages of recovery support, she said, citing examples such as food, shelter and health care.
The Red Cross still is working with Catholic Community Services to find long-term housing for survivors.
The Pizza Hut donation came from a fundraiser at restaurants that are part of the Emerald City Pizza franchise group, Koch said.
The Red Cross continues to need support for the Oso disaster response and the Eastern Washington wildfires. To donate, visitredcross.org or call 800-RED-CROSS.
• Two years after Oso slide, we are survivors, stronger and united 3/27/16
• What we know and what we don't 2 years after Oso slide 3/27/16
• Two paths after the Oso landslide 3/27/16
• Oso: 2 years on, many contribute to the regionís future 3/20/16
• Another delay in the civil trial for the deadly Oso mudslide 2/25/16
• First buyout closes for land in Oso slide zone 1/20/16