The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Fire destroys Everett home, 6 people displaced

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Herald Staff
EVERETT — A north Everett family of six lost their home in a fire Wednesday afternoon.
The fire occurred in the 2200 block of Eighth Street near Everett Community College.
No one was home when the fire broke out, Everett assistant fire marshal Eric Hicks said.
Someone called 911 around 12:50 p.m. to report smoke and flames coming from the three-bedroom rambler, Hicks said.
“The bulk of the flames were put out within 10 to 15 minutes,” he said.
The Snohomish County Chapter of the American Red Cross was working with the family Wednesday to make sure they had a place to stay.
The family included three adults and three children.
Three pets were unaccounted for Wednesday afternoon.
The cause of the fire and a damage total were not immediately available.
Story tags » EverettFire

More Local News Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates