The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

71 kids to hospital in Canada carbon monoxide leak

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Associated Press
Published:
SAINT-EUSTACHE, Quebec Five children were overcome by a carbon monoxide leak at a Quebec daycare center that sent 71 children and about 10 adults to a hospital, officials said Tuesday.
Quebec Family Minister Francine Charbonneau said the five children had more intense symptoms of vomiting and headaches but others, including some of the 10 educators, had symptoms.
She said 71 children and about 10 adults were taken to a local hospital as a preventive measure and that all parents had been advised.
Charbonneau said the leak had been contained within the Les Petits Explorateurs daycare building. The St-Eustache fire department was trying to determine the exact cause
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.

More Nation & World Headlines

NEWSLETTER

HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates

Calendar