The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Fire pit on Spokane natural gas line explodes

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Associated Press
SPOKANE Fire officials say a fire pit in a Spokane back yard exploded because it was built over a natural gas line.
Heat melted the plastic pipe and the line exploded Saturday night with a 15-foot flame.
KREM-TV reported that a man who was having a birthday party suffered minor injuries when he was blown into a fence.
Avista utility crews found the fire pit was built on top of the gas line. The man who lives at the house says the pit was there when he moved in.
People are advised to call 811 before they dig anywhere for a free service to locate gas and other utility lines.
Story tags » FireSpokane

More Northwest Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates