David Krueger and Herald staff | email@example.com
Published: Friday, May 9, 2014, 3:09 p.m.
Officials at South Whidbey High School announced Friday that Chris Tormey has been hired to coach the Falcons football team.Tormey brings an impressive resume to Langley. He was the head football coach at his alma mater, the University of Idaho, from 1995-99, and the head coach at the University of Nevada from 2000-03. He's also worked as an assistant coach at the University of Washington.
In nine seasons as a college head coach, Tormey compiled a 49-54 record. He spent last season as the defensive coordinator at the University of Wyoming.
South Whidbey principal John Patton announced the hiring.
"We are really excited," Patton said.
Tormey, who inherits a South Whidbey team that was 5-5 last season, takes over for Mark Hodson and Andy Davis, who split head coaching duties for the Falcons last season.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Terrace's Okoronkwo named Washington Gatorade Track and Field Girls Athlete of the Year June 23
- Glacier Peak's Seed and Murphy's Williams headline WSSCA All-State Soccer teams June 23
- Cedarcrest's Davenport selected to WIAA LEAP Class of 2018 June 23
- Second annual Snohomish Summer Smash Tennis Tournament set for July 22-24 June 23
- 4A/3A East-West All-State football game set for July 1 in Spokane June 23