Members of the Monroe High School football team met Seahawks QB Russell Wilson last week at Seattle's practice facility. From left to right are Shanden Mixayphone, Alexander McCreary, Mitchell Higgins, Gabe Moore, Wilson, Max Blais, McKinley Braa, Alex Vidican, Andrew Zimmerman, Hunter Bingham, Robbie Schab, and coach Edd Pratt. Not shown – Chase Dimonda, Cody Kennedy
Among other things, the players posed for a photo with the Seahawks' starting quarterback, Russell Wilson.
The Bearcats qualified for the national tournament by first winning a local qualifier in May at Glacier Peak High School in Snohomish, then winning the regional tournament in June at the Seahawks' practice facility.
The team respresenting the Detroit Lions won this year's national tournament, beating the Miami Dolphins in the title game.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Terrace's Okoronkwo named Washington Gatorade Track and Field Girls Athlete of the Year June 23
- Glacier Peak's Seed and Murphy's Williams headline WSSCA All-State Soccer teams June 23
- Cedarcrest's Davenport selected to WIAA LEAP Class of 2018 June 23
- Second annual Snohomish Summer Smash Tennis Tournament set for July 22-24 June 23
- 4A/3A East-West All-State football game set for July 1 in Spokane June 23