The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Serious burns after man stumbles into fire pit

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Associated Press
HANSVILLE -- A 38-year-old Suquamish man is reported in serious condition at a Seattle hospital after he was burned when he apparently stumbled into a fire pit.
Kitsap County sheriff's spokesman Scott Wilson said alcohol was a factor in the accident early Thursday.
Witnesses told deputies there was a Wednesday night gathering with a bonfire at a home in the Hansville area. The man's companions went to bed but were awakened early Thursday by his cries for help. They pulled him out of the fire's dying embers.
A fire and rescue spokeswoman said the man was unable to tell medics how he ended up in the fire.
Story tags » Disasters (general)

More Northwest Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates