The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Seems Like Yesterday

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Published:
50 years ago (1963)
The new brick and wood Everett First Methodist Church was officially consecrated in rites this afternoon. The Rev. Haorld Williams, local pastor, was assisted by Bishop Everett Palmer in conduction the dedication services. The new building was located on Colby Ave. at 36th Street.
Mildred A. Glover, 3611 Colby Ave., and Charles E. Ingram, 1401 Madrona Ave., unit managers and representatives for United of Omaha in Everett, recently attended a "Million Dollar Mangers' Seminar" of the company in Phoenix, Ariz. The managers, who represented agencies from 12 states, ranked among the top life producing units for United during 1962.
25 years ago (1988)
Gov. Booth Gardner strolled in the sun outside Eisenhower Middle School, after being escorted around the facility by student Renai Ricketts. He also visited Mariner High School and View Ridge Elementary School to observe programs such as peer tutoring.
Outdoor Writer Wayne Kruse wrote that although many hefty rainbow trout had been caught, but probably more were still swimming in area lakes. He suggested trolling a red Triple Teazer or Dick Nite in Martha (both) Silver, Armstrong, Blackman's Crabapple, Flowing, Ki, Loma, Storm, Howard, Goodwin or Bosworth.
By Jack O'Donnell from Herald archives at the Everett Public Library.

More Life Headlines

NEWSLETTER

Weekend to-do list

Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend

Calendar