Photo courtesy Archbishop Murphy
The 11 Archbishop Murphy athletes who signed letters of intent on Wenesday included: Front row (l-r) Nick Martin (lacrosse), Trever Morrison (baseball), Casey Dawes (baseball), Alex Galgano (baseball), Brooke Busch (girls soccer); back row (l-r) Nathan Harnden (baseball), Brandon Byrne (track), Derrick Mahlum (baseball), Beau Skalley (rowing), Zander Clouse (baseball) and Alec Barnard (boys swim).
This spring was no different as 11 athletes from the private Catholic school in south Everett signed commitments to play sports at a number of colleges from Bellevue to Great Falls, Mont.
Six of the athletes who signed on Wednesday are baseball players, including Trever Morrison, who will going to Oregon State and Casey Dawes and Derrick Mahlum, who will be attending Pacific Lutheran. Teammates Zander Clouse and Alex Galgano will remain teammates on the next level at Bellevue College and Nathan Harnden is heading to Midland University.
Here is a list of the other athletes who signed: Alec Barnard, boys swimming (Seattle University), Brooke Busch, girls soccer (Cal Lutheran), Brandon Byrne, track (University of Idaho), Nick Martin, lacrosse (University of Great Falls) and Beau Skalley, rowing (University of San Diego).
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Terrace's Okoronkwo named Washington Gatorade Track and Field Girls Athlete of the Year June 23
- Glacier Peak's Seed and Murphy's Williams headline WSSCA All-State Soccer teams June 23
- Cedarcrest's Davenport selected to WIAA LEAP Class of 2018 June 23
- Second annual Snohomish Summer Smash Tennis Tournament set for July 22-24 June 23
- 4A/3A East-West All-State football game set for July 1 in Spokane June 23