The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

3 held after 25-mile chase ends in Everett

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
By Eric Stevick
Herald Writer
EVERETT -- A Covington woman and two others were arrested Wednesday night after she allegedly rammed a patrol car and led police on a 25-mile pursuit that ended near the 128th Street exit off I-5.
The drama began around 9:30 p.m. when Snohomish County sheriff's deputies were called to investigate a report of prowlers outside a vacant home at the 18600 block of Marine Drive in Stanwood.
A deputy from the Island County Sheriff's Office was in the area and also responded to the call, officials said.
When the deputies arrived, they saw two men jump into a waiting car.
The driver of the 2011 Honda accelerated, hitting a Snohomish County deputy's patrol car and attempting to run over the Island County deputy, Snohomish sheriff's spokeswoman Shari Ireton said.
The deputy "had to jump out of the vehicle's path to avoid being run over," court papers said.
The Honda wound its way along several county roads in the north county before getting onto I-5.
The suspects got off the freeway at 128th Street south of Everett. The pursuit ended when a deputy bumped the back of the car, forcing it to spin out and stall. The strategy to stop the car is called a Pursuit Immobilization Technique, also known as a PIT maneuver.
The alleged driver, 23, was arrested for investigation of assault, eluding police, possessing a stolen car and theft. Deputies also believe she hit two other cars while trying to get away, court papers said. Court records indicated that the woman had outstanding warrants.
Two men, ages 25 and 22, also were arrested.
There weren't any known injuries to either deputy.
The case remains under investigation, Ireton said.
Eric Stevick: 425-339-3446,
Story tags » EverettStanwoodPoliceCar TheftAssault

More Local News Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates