The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions

Man injured, vacant Lynnwood house damaged by blaze

SHARE: facebook Twitter icon Linkedin icon Google+ icon Email icon |  PRINTER-FRIENDLY
Herald staff
LYNNWOOD -- A fire in a vacant house in Lynnwood on Tuesday morning sent one man to the hospital.
The fire was reported about 10 a.m. in the 4700 block of 188th Street SW. Crews arrived to find flames coming from the back of the house, Lynnwood fire spokeswoman Cathy Rizzo said.
Investigators determined that the fire started accidentally, she said. A homeless man was trying to start a propane heater in the house and the heater exploded. He ran from the scene but was later found by police.
The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for treatment of serious burns to his hands.
Damage to the home was estimated at $150,000. Officials are trying to find the property owners to alert them.
Story tags » LynnwoodFirefightingFire

More Local News Headlines


HeraldNet Headlines

Top stories and breaking news updates