The Herald of Everett, Washington
Customer service  |  Subscribe   |   Log in or sign up   |   Advertising information   |   Contact us
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus The Daily Herald on Linked In HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up  Green editions icon Green editions
Herald staff | rking@heraldnet.com
Published: Monday, January 14, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

Appliance caused Everett auto shop fire

A fire at an Everett auto repair shop on Saturday night was started by a malfunctioning dehumidifier, Everett Fire Marshal Rick Robinson said Monday. The fire was reported about 5 p.m. in the back room of the business in the 10100 block of Fourth Avenue W. Flames from the appliance had reached a nearby propane tank, Robinson said. That caused the tank to automatically release a relief valve. “That intensified the fire, but we had an early warning, and the crews did a good job,” Robinson said. Damage was estimated at $15,000. No injuries were reported.
View Auto shop fire, 1-12-2013 in a larger map
Story tags » EverettFirefightingFire

Subscribe to Daily headlines
See sample | Privacy policy

Most recent Sirens posts

digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...
HeraldNet Classifieds

HeraldNet highlights

A very slow invasion
A very slow invasion: Non-native snails take over the Northwest
Girls H.S. Athlete of the Year
Girls H.S. Athlete of the Year: Lynnwood High School three-sport star Mikayla Pivec
Boys H.S. Athlete of the Year
Boys H.S. Athlete of the Year: Lake Stevens High School quarterback Jacob Eason
In all its glory
In all its glory: The North Cascades on display at the Burke Museum