Learn how to use LinkedIn to get a job
When: times and dates listed below
Where: various Sno-Isle Library branches
More info: Ken Harvey at 360-651-7030 or email@example.com
MARYSVILLE — After attending a panel interview workshop at the Marysville Library in March, an enthusiastic gentleman reported back with good news. “Thank you again for working with me on prepping for my Boeing interviews …. I received a job offer from my second interview with Boeing yesterday, four hours after the interview,” he said.
Success stories like this are the result of free workshops offered at Sno-Isle Libraries in partnership with WorkSource Snohomish County. Since the landscape of looking for work is not the same as it was just a few years ago, those who are unemployed or underemployed need to keep current on job search trends. Free classes at the library can help. Past workshops on targeted resumes and panel interviews were well attended by job seekers looking for that extra edge.
Next up are workshops in May and June on using social networking site LinkedIn.com to help with the job hunt. Participants will learn how to create, link in to and optimize a professional network of trusted contacts. It’s not just what you know, but who you know that could lead to a dream job.
Upcoming “Networking into Your Next Job: How to Use LinkedIn for Your Job Search” workshops through Sno-Isle Libraries:
• Arlington City Council Chambers, 10 a.m. to noon Monday, May 7; 360-435-3033
• Marysville Library, 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, May 11; 360-658-5000
• Lynnwood Library, 1 to 3 p.m. Monday, May 14; 425-778-2148
• Snohomish Library, 1 to 3 p.m. Monday, May 21; 360-568-2898
• Mukilteo Library, 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, May 29; 425-493-8202
• Mountlake Terrace Library, 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, June 5; 425-776-8722
Class sizes are limited so preregistration is required by calling the library or enrolling online at www.sno-isle.org/explore/worksource. All workshops are free.