Jim Davis | firstname.lastname@example.org
Published: Monday, April 16, 2012, 10:47 a.m.
The Internal Revenue Service is holding on online seminar to help employers understand the tax issues about hiring independent contractors. Many small companies hire workers as contractors rather than employees because they can save money on benefits. But the government believes that many of the workers should be classified as employees, which means companies would need to pay Social Security and Medicare taxes for them. The seminar will focus on the difference between the two types of workers. It will be held Thursday, May 10 at 10 a.m. Pacific time. You can register here.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: Master Marine offering new boat lines in Mount Vernon June 24
- Briefs: Monroe’s Pacific Earth Works honors long-time workers June 23
- Briefs: New VP of retail sales at 1st Security Bank in Mountlake Terrace June 22
- Briefs: Edmonds Chermak Construction wins remodeling award June 21
- Briefs: Craft beer bar and bottleshop opens in Snohomish June 20